Contact Me

Wednesday 29 April 2015

April Favourites | 2015


McBusted: This month I was fortunate enough to go to McBusted's Most Excellent Adventure Tour in Bournemouth with one of my best friends, who has shared my love of McFly & Busted, both back in the day and now! It was such a fun gig and they put on such a great show... aka THE BEST NIGHT EVER! Their stage was even a giant, working, arcade game.. how cool is that?! The set list was full of all my favourite songs from Busted, McFly and their latest McBusted album, so I was pretty chuffed, to say the least. The two support bands were really good too! I managed to catch some confetti as a souvenir from the night and bought the 2015 wristband and tour book to remember one of the greatest nights I've had this year. I can't believe it has been over 2 weeks since I saw them now; time has gone so quickly, but I really hope they plan another tour for next year because this one was so awesome! :D :D :D :D

All I Know Now By Carrie Hope Fletcher: Moving not so swiftly on from McBusted, to Tom Fletcher's younger sister, Carrie Hope Fletcher's book, All I Know Now. It was only published last Thursday 23 April 2015, so I have only just started reading it, but the few chapters I have read so far, I am thoroughly enjoying it! It is filled with little anecdotes and advice on a variety of subjects, from bullying, school life to relationships and I think it is the perfect companion to anyone "growing up". Whether you are in your first year of secondary school, your first relationship or are starting a new job as an "adult", I think anyone, of any age will enjoy reading this delightful book, I know I am. Once I have finished it, I'll make sure to write a review, so that you can read if I liked it or not... I'm sure I will :)

Bare Minerals Ready Foundation: If you are someone who wears make up, then you will understand how difficult it is finding the perfect foundation. Its either the wrong shade, wrong consistency, transfers, is too greasy, too matte, causes break outs, the list goes on. I've tried so many foundations; the most have been okay, but never any greater than that. I have tried Bare Minerals Original foundation once before, a long time ago... I'm not sure why I stopped using it, but decided to give the Bare Minerals Ready foundation a try. I've been using this one for almost a week now and am liking it a lot so far. It blends into my skin beautifully, it is light weight, looks natural, has been transfer resistant and along with wearing a primer underneath, has stayed put, almost all day. I have also noticed my skin has been looking better as well, whether or not this is due to the foundation, but time will tell. Fingers crossed this is the foundation I've been searching for!

Image Source: Quote (Instagram.com) Ed's Diner (www.eatoutmagazine.co.uk) & Spotify (www.spotify.com)

You don't always need a plan... Quote: This quote has really stood out to me this month. I am hoping to write a blog post to expand on this, but to me, this quote says it all. I am the type of person, who likes to plan everything, imagining it down to the last detail, but in hindsight, this is never such a good idea. Yes, plan things to do or places to go, of course, but not to plan every hour of every day... if something goes wrong or life throws a curve ball or things just don't go the way you originally thought, you'll end up really disappointed. So instead, trust that everything happens the way it should and when it should, live in the moment and enjoy everything for what it is. This is really something I have been working on this month and hope to do in the months to come.

Ed's Easy Diner: About a year ago, the restaurant Ed's Easy Diner opened in my local shopping centre. I have always walked passed and wondered what it would be like, especially hearing all the great reviews, but have just never paid a visit... until this month. A good friend of mine celebrated her birthday this month, so we met up for lunch one day for a much needed catch up and decided to go to Ed's. It was lovely! This really was the "diner" experience, with retro interior, classic American tunes from the likes of Johnny Cash, playing on the Jukebox and servings of hot dogs and milkshakes. I really enjoyed it. I treated myself to the classic American hot dog with a side of cheese and bacon fries and for dessert we enjoyed one of Ed's infamous milkshakes. I chose the Oreo one and it was incredibly yummy!

Spotify: Okay, so I know a lot of you will know about Spotify already, if not, it is a program that enables you to listen to unlimited amounts of music for free, depending on which account you choose upon signing up. I have used Spotify in the past, but this month I have started using it more and more and in doing so have been able to listen to new releases before purchasing them and have discovered some amazing artists I wouldn't have otherwise heard of. Something I have definitely enjoyed this month! Some of my favourite artists I've discovered this month have been; Joe Nichols, Shawn Mendes, Thomas Rhett, Mackenzie Porter and Betty Who... Thanks, Spotify!

This month has definitely been focused around music for me, from seeing the bands I love play live, to discovering new artists... and I have loved every second of it!

Do you have a favourite singer/ band or discovered any new music this month? Let me know in the comments below!

Live, Laugh, Love,
Karen Eleanor xXx

1 comment:

  1. Your article is extraordinarily smart.I love to browse your diary's posts everyday and that i got vast facilitate from your blog and developed a replacement app premium spotify apk
    you'll check.Thanks for wonderful diary.

    ReplyDelete