Contact Me

Monday 1 June 2015

May Favourites | 2015

Hello!

This month has gone by so fast! I cannot believe it! I have only chosen three favourites this month because these are the ones that stood out the most to me and ones I found were worthy of a mention.


My Favourite Breakfast: Nearly Every Morning I have made (and enjoyed!) this porridge and think it is the best breakfast combo... EVER! It consists of porridge oats made with almond milk, with chia seeds, a chopped banana and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Sometimes I add a small handful of sultana's too and a drizzle of honey! Simple, yet delicious... every time!

Lush's Handy Gurugu Hand Cream: Over the last few years I have suffered from very dry hands, especially around my knuckles. This makes them very sore and can often bleed, leaving my hands to look like I have a thousand cuts on them and very red. I have tried and tested many hand creams that claim to help with this condition, but have found that almost all of them made my hands sting when I applied the cream or they were really greasy. On a recent shopping trip I paid a visit to my local Lush store. I asked one of the sales assistants, her advice on any hand cream she would recommend. She showed me four different creams she thought would benefit me and let me sample each of them so I could decide which one I preferred. I chose Handy Gurugu and it is brilliant! This cream is made with Fresh Organic Lemon Juice, Chamomile Blue Oil, Organic Peanut and Pumpkinseed Butter along with other moistorising and soothing ingredients. This cream is a very heavy, butter based cream ideal for hard working hands! Honestly, this cream is a miracle worker. I had only been using it for less than 48 hours and my hands had healed. It was fast working, my hands were no longer discoloured, chapped or dry. I hadn't seen them so smoothe and moistorised for so long, it was incredible! I highly recommend this cream to anyone who wants a good, long lasting hand cream that helps moistorise, even after you've washed your hands!

Trip to Breamore House: For my Mum's birthday this month, me and my family visited Breamore House in Fordingbridge. First we were able to look around the museum they have there before making our way up a long gravelled drive way to the House itself. We spent a few minutes beforehand though, visiting the small church just next to the grounds. When we got to the house, a lady told us a brief history of the house, owners, etc, before guiding us into the dining room where we were met by a tour guide who then took us around the whole house explaining what the different rooms were once used for and about the families who lived there 100 years ago and those who still occupy the house today. It was very interesting to learn about Breamore, the House and all of its history. We all had a lovely day and then ended it with a lovely meal at a close by restaurant!

Have you visited anywhere interesting this month or discovered some magic beauty product you now swear by? If so, let me know in the comments below.

Live, Laugh, Love,
Karen Eleanor xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment