Contact Me

Wednesday 11 March 2015

My Favourite Five | Inspirational (Celebrity) Women:

Hello!

On Sunday 8th March 2015, the world celebrated International Women's Day, so I thought it would be a good idea to write a blog post listing my top 5 inspirational (celebrity) women, who have inspired me throughout my life.

1 & 2: Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen
|Actors | Twins | Fashion Designers | Entrepreneurs|
Image Source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/297167275388092929/

I am sure anyone my age (give or take a few years) will be able to relate to these siblings. I grew up watching their television shows, movies and reading the books that accompanied them. Mary-kate and Ashley have been in my life and an inspiration to me for many, many years. I was first introduced to them when I was about nine years old and became a fan instantly. Two of a Kind was one of my favourite television shows to watch growing up and I was forever playing their movies on repeat. My favourite's were Passport to Paris, Holiday in the Sun and Our Lips are Sealed. Not only did I enjoy watching their shows and reading their books or owning different bits and pieces from their beauty & fashion ranges... they shared a special bond that was evident both on and off screen. Yes, they are twins and twins have been renowned to share a bond stronger than any other that can be formed between friends or family, but the bond they shared and the love they have for each other was so similar to the bond I share with my sister. Although we are not twins, to explain our relationship to anyone who asks if we are close, we always say "we are twins, born six years apart". Just like Mary-kate and Ashley, we are always together, always have each others backs and understand each other unlike anybody else. Having a sister is like having a built in best friend and the Olsen's have always inspired us to be strong, independent and supportive of what the other wants to achieve! 

3: Taylor Swift
|Singer| Songwriter|Recording Artist|

Image Source: http://germiones.tumblr.com/

I was given my first guitar when I was about 7 years old and spent a lot of time listening to country music growing up. I remember my favourite artists were Buddy Holly and Billy Ray Cyrus. I was the only one out of my friends who enjoyed listening to this type of music, so when I was at school and spending time with friends, I was a fan of the Spice Girls and Aqua and then later, artists like Britney Spears. I was also the only one who took guitar lessons. I soon felt like going to these lessons was a chore and I was missing out on playing with my friends at lunch times, so although I loved music and the guitar, I stopped taking these lessons. This was probably not such a great decision, due to the fact I've spent the past 10 years or so on and off learning the guitar again and wishing I knew and could do more than what I can now. In my late teens I discovered Taylor Swift's music and she seemed to have shared the same fondness of country music and helped me rediscover my love of artists such as; Big & Rich, Johnny Cash, Tim McGraw and Keith Urban. Taylor inspired me to pick up my guitar and play in the style of country, focus on the lyrics, rather than the sound and most of all listen to the music I LOVE and not worry about what anyone else thinks. She's taught me to dream big, do everything I can to achieve my goals, live in the moment and do the things that make me happy.

4: Demi Lovato
|Singer|Actress|Songwriter|

Image Source: http://demetrialuvater.tumblr.com/

Although Demi Lovato is a few years younger than me, her strength and determination has inspired me a great deal! I was a fan of Demi's music since her album Don't Forget and remember watching her in the TV movie Camp Rock with the Jonas Brothers. I was also a fan of her Disney Channel comedy show, Sonny with a chance. Although I did enjoy watching her as an actress I was more of a fan of her music, even more so when I found out she was also a song writer. I remember watching and reading endless interviews about how she writes her songs and even owning the Wii console game Singstar: Disney to practise her vocal warm up techniques as well as singing along to her most popular songs. I even spent hours practising to play her songs on my electric guitar. One of the first I tried was Don't Forget and loved being able to play along with the CD. In recent years though, Demi's strength has been an inspiration to me, from fighting through her personal struggles to coming out the other side a stronger, healthier and much more confident woman. I truly respect the fact that she has genuinely opened up about taboo issues and in doing so has encouraged many boys and girls alike, to talk about their emotions and seek help when needed and not bottle up issues they may be struggling with, whether it be body or mind related. To this day, she inspires me to be grateful for everything I have, to stay positive, to learn to love myself (even my flaws) and to stay strong <3.

5: Cassey Ho
|Social Media Fitness Entrepreneur| Creator of Pop Pilate's| Pilate's Instructor|

Image Source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/552887291729958703/

I started following Cassey Ho's Pop Pilate's workout videos on Youtube in May 2014. Almost 10 months later, I still enjoy working out to her videos and following her monthly workout calendar routines. Why does she inspire me? I truly cannot put it into words. She has literally changed my life. From her positive attitude, to her encouraging words, I don't think I would be where I am today without Cassey's love of fitness, Pilate's and determination to be the person she wanted to be. Without this, I would have never discovered who I could ever be. She has helped me believe, hope, dream, discover my strength, challenge my weaknesses and most of all transform my mind and body to become the best and healthiest person I can be. Since May 2014, I have been on an incredible journey and it's definitely not over yet. I may speak about this in more detail someday, but all I want to say right now, is a huge thank you to Cassey for inspiring me and helping me realise my potential and what my passion in life really is. For all these things I am truly grateful and would love to meet Cassey and tell her this in person one day, but until then I hope she'll continue to inspire me to work towards my dreams!

Which top 5 celebrities have inspired you the most? Let me know in the comments below!

Live, Laugh, Love,
Karen Eleanor xXx

2 comments:

  1. Never heard of Cassey Ho before, but she's the only person in your list that really stood out to me personally :) So I'll definitely check her out. Especially because she's a Pilates Instructor. I love Pilates ♥
    www.color-castles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I highly recommend checking out her website, youtube and social media accounts! Especially if you love Pilates :)

      Delete