Contact Me

Saturday 28 February 2015

February Favourites | 2015

 Image Source: Twist & Go Blender found on Google Images. All other images are my own.

Twist & Go Blender: I purchased this blender a couple of weeks ago and have been using it every single day! I love it! I have been using it to make healthy, nutritious smoothies for a quick, easy and convenient breakfast, but have also used it to mix a batter for a recipe I've been wanting to try. It blends soft ingredients in less than 30 seconds and comes with two bottles that each have a convenient carrying handle making it ideal to take your smoothies with you wherever you go!

Barry M Speedy Quick Dry Nail Varnish in Pit Stop: When I saw these new quick dry Barry M nail varnishes, I needed to try one! I picked up the shade Pit Stop which is the most beautiful light grey. The application brush to this, would have to be the best brush I have ever used! It's very wide, so makes applying the varnish incredibly easy and helps apply it in one even coat. This way you waste less varnish and it makes it even easier to apply a second coat. Although this claims to be 'quick dry', I don't think it was as quick as I would have liked, but saying that my nails were dry a lot faster than they usually would, so I would definitely recommend this product. There are many colours to choose from, so am eager to try some more.

Liz Earle Essentials 'Try Me' Kit: I have been wanting to try a new skin care range for quite some time now and initially decided to give Origins a try, but after reading a few reviews saying that the ingredients used in some of there products were those known to irritate the skin I definitely looked elsewhere. I read wonderful reviews about the Liz Earle range and decided to give it a try. A week ago, I bought the Essentials Try Me kit and although I have only been using these products for a few days, I have really loved them. None of the products have made my skin feel tight or irritated, just really, really soft, smooth and CLEAN. I hope I continue to love these products and use them for many months to come... and maybe be able to write a detailed review in the future.


Image Source: Quote found on CelebTrainSam on Instagram. All other images are my own.

Whole Almonds: Who doesn't love almonds?! This month, I have been loving them! As well as being a good source of healthy fats and are packed with vitamins, protein and fibre, they are the perfect snack to carry around with you in your bag or to have, like I've been doing recently, as a small snack straight after the gym. 

The Lost Boys: This month I had the greatest opportunity to see my friends band 'The Lost Boys' play their first headline gig of 2015. It was such a good night and they were on top form as always, with their witty lyrics and catchy tunes. They also played my favourite song Flowers which I have never heard them play live before, so that made my night and it was great spending the evening with my sister and catching up with my friend inbetween sets, as well as discovering talented new bands.

'You've always been beautiful..." Quote: I first saw this quote on the Celeb Training with Sam Faiers (@CelebTrainSam) Instagram page. When you start living a healthier lifestyle for whatever reason, whether it be to lose weight, gain weight, build muscle or achieve a more positive mindset. You may be changing because you are not happy with yourself right now, or what you were like, but that doesn't mean you are not/ were not beautiful because you must have been an incredible person to begin with for you to want to make that change. If your aim is to get healthier and fitter, remember that you are not changing your lifestyle to become beautiful, you are choosing to live a healthy lifestyle to become, as the quote says, fitter, healthier and stronger, than you were before while remaining as beautiful as ever!

What have you been loving this month?

Live, Laugh, Love,
Karen Eleanor xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment