Contact Me

Saturday 24 January 2015

Some Things Worth Melting For | Lush Bath Products Review


Hello!

I don't know anyone who doesn't love to relax and my favourite way is by having a LUSH bath!
I hadn't visited a Lush store since before Christmas, so thought I'd try some new products. I chose three non-seasonal bath products that I hadn't tried before. The three I chose were; Amandopondo, You've Been Mangoed & Yuzu And Cocoa.

AMANDOPONDO | RRP £2.75
Amandopondo is a Bubble Bar containing 14 different ingredients including Rose Absolute, Lemon Oil and Sweet Orange Oil to help uplift, balance, refresh and restore. This bubble bar is round and cream in colour adorned with a sweet little dried rose bud. I fell in love with this as soon as I saw it, but it smelled even better! It has a very sweet frangrance, almost like marzipan with a hint of citrus... It's very difficult to describe, but it is lovely. If you like sweet, floral scents, you'll probably love this.
As you can guess, with this being a bubble bar, it creates beautiful bubbles when crumbled under running water. I found this was really creamy in texture and made the bath milky and the water very soft, which all helped me relax and feel totally pampered! After using this product, my skin was very soft and felt moistorised. Although, the Amandopondo is made with many uplifting ingredients, I feel it would be best to have this bath at night time to help you unwind and de-stress, helping you get a good night's sleep, so that you wake up refreshed and ready to accomplish your dreams ;)

YOU'VE BEEN MANGOED | RRP £3.35
You've Been Mangoed is a Bath Melt containing 15 ingredients including Mango Butter, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Lemon Oil and Lime Oil to uplift, soften and condition. Now this bath melt is exactly what it says it is. It smells just like fresh mangoes and once placed in the bath, slowly melts away until it has dissolved into the water. I chose this not because of appearance, but because of the smell! It is amazing! If you love the smell of mangoes- this is the bath melt for you; it's such a fresh, uplifting scent. Once this had melted, you could see the essential oils floating on top of the water, helping to soften and condition the skin which is great, but unflortunately it lost all of the initial bright orange colour and I was left with a murky, pale yellow coloured bath water, which was alot less appealling. This was a disappointment as I have tried a few other bath melts from Lush before and have found the colour and fragrance have lasted a lot longer than this one. Unlike the previous product, I would prefer to use this in the morning as it stays true to its description by making me feel uplifted and refreshed while helping soften and condition my skin.

YUZU AND COCOA | RRP £3.65
Yuzu and Cocoa is a Bubble Bar or as its called instore a Bubbleroon which contains 18 ingredients including Cocoa Absolute, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Fair Trade Shea Butter and Grapefruit Oil aiding to nourish, hydrate and soften the skin. I LOVED the scent of this bubbleroon. It looks a lot like a macaroon and therefore I guess that's how it got its name and smells somewhat like one too. Its gorgous! Again, if you like sweet scents, you'll more than likely be a fan of this. I cannot describe the scent in any other way than a coconut macaroon! Just like the Amandopondo, this creates a lot of beautiful, scented bubbles once crumbled under running water. The scent lasted for quite a while, but wasn't in any way overpowering. I liked the fact I had the best of both, with this product- I had the lovely scented bubbles from a bubble bar and the skin softening elements that are evident in a bath melt! I think this is ideal to be used at night, also, due to the fact that it feels so relaxing and you are ready to snuggle up in a huge blanket and read a book before drifting off to sleep! Well, that's how I felt anyway!

I would definitely recommend all of these products and would more than likely buy them again at some point, although I think my favourite out of these three would have to be the Amandopondo!

Have you tried any of these before? I would love to know what you thought of them and if you're a fan of Lush, what products would you recommend?

Live, Laugh, Love,
Karen Eleanor xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment