Contact Me

Saturday 31 January 2015

January Favourites | 2015


Love, Tanya by Tanya Burr:  I have loved reading this book by well-known Youtuber and Blogger, Tanya Burr, this month! Granted, the official publishing date was 29th January for this book, but I was lucky enough to stumble across it being sold in Waterstones a week earlier! I couldn't believe it when I saw it and I haven't put it down since. Love, Tanya is a book compiled with anecdotes from Tanya's childhood, her top beauty and fashion tips as well as a section full of confidence and happiness advice. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it and would recommend anyone, Tanya Burr fan or not, to read this book, especially if you love all things beauty and fashion related. Also there is a baking section, so is packed with homemade recipes from smoothies, to flapjacks, to cakes that can be enjoyed on a Sunday afternoon as well as beautiful, timeless photographs of Tanya, herself!

Barry M Nail Paint in Ballerina: I LOVE nail varnish and I LOVE the colour pink and ANYTHING ballet related... so when I discovered earlier this month that Barry M had a pink Nail Paint available called Ballerina, I knew I had to try it! It is a very light dusky pink that is very girly and feminine, but a shade that will go with almost anything. I really love it and think it will be the perfect shade to transition from Winter to Spring.

'I love when...' -Unknown Quote (found on Instagram): I came across this quote on Instagram and it made me smile, just reading it. I think this is the best feeling. The feeling when you see someone smiling or laughing until they cry and you know in that moment they are so ridiculously happy nothing would be able to change it... and because of that, it makes you incredibly happy. Remember, smiling and laughing is contagious, so next time you may be feeling down or sad, smile at someone or try to make them laugh, it will not only make you feel better, but could brighten somebody else's day too!




Max Factor Excess Shimmer Eyeshadow in Copper: This has to be my all-time favourite eyeshadow. I love it! I must have got it in December and have been wearing it everyday since. The Copper is a soft light brown, almost taupe in colour and gives the prettiest, pearlescent shimmer when the light hits it. I find this blends beautifully and can be worn by itself, as a base or with other cream or powder eyeshadow. It has a very light, creamy consistency and stays put all day long and is soooo smooth and easy to apply. Perfect for those everyday, natural make-up looks.

Zoella Beauty Case: As many of you probably know by now, Youtuber and Blogger, Zoe Sugg (aka Zoella) has released her own beauty range including a selection of beauty/ make up bags. I have been using the 'Just say yes...' case from her collection and really like it. I use it to keep my shower gel, hand sanitiser, dry shampoo and other 'after-the-gym' essentials in my gym bag. It is just the right size to fit everything you need, whether you use it as a make-up bag, for skin care products or even as a pencil case! I love the design and the quote on the side as it took me a long time to find the confidence to join a gym for personal reasons, so feel carrying this with me, reminds me that it is okay to step out of your comfort zone and take that step towards your dreams and 'just say yes' to things that will make you happy!

Costa King Prawn Noodles with Edamame Beans and Mango Dressing: Yum! I have been loving these prawn noodles for lunch this month. It contains egg noodles, spinach, peppers, king prawns, edamame beans and sugar snap peas. It is really tasty, although I skip the dressing, and is really filling. Perfect for lunch on the go!

What have you been loving this month?

Live, Laugh, Love,
Karen Eleanor xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment