Contact Me

Saturday 9 April 2016

Happy Days: Any Day of the Week



Have you ever felt so caught up in everyday, mundane problems, challenges or just a hectic schedule that you've found you haven't been fully present?
I know I have... but lately I have realised that it only seems to happen on certain days. Just recently I have noticed my favourite day of the week is on a Friday; when I feel energised, calm, refreshed and to be honest really great!
I started questionning why this was and why I favoured Fridays more than any other day and the answer was simple...

I do the things I enjoy the most.

On a Friday, I attend two fitness classes at my local gym. I start the day with a 45 minute Spinning session and then straight afterwards participate in an hour long Body Balance class. I have found this really helps me unwind and reset after a long week and gives me a chance to stretch properly after working hard. I finish with a short meditation where it allows me to put any problems, negativity or things on my to-do list to one side, just for a moment or two and fully be in the present moment to just be
This really helps to set me up for the day and week ahead.

I think it is very important to try and stay present and welcome everything that happens in our every day lives. To do this, I like to note everything I am grateful for on a daily basis, whether I'm sitting somewhere quiet or walking outside. I particularly like to give thanks for everything that has happened and for all that I have and for the people I know. It really helps to relax and centre me.

What is your favourite day of the week? Can you list three things you are grateful for today?

Live, Laugh, Love,
Karen Eleanor xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment