Contact Me

Saturday 28 May 2016

The Big Spin 2016 | New Forest Health & Leisure


As you may know, on Sunday 22nd May 2016, I took part in the New Forest Health & Leisure's Big Spin event. An incredible day raising much needed funds to support four local charities. The Big Spin 2016 was a huge success from start to finish and so much work went into organising and holding the event from everyone involved.

I would like to say a huge thank you to all of the staff from the New Forest Health & Leisure centres for organising such a great event and for all their hard work and of course, to all the instructors who challenged us to keep going and pushing us to complete the ride of our lives. Also, a huge thank you to everyone who encouraged me, personally, to take part in this spinning challenge and made me feel stronger and confident than I ever thought I could. 




Leading up to the Big Spin, I was soooo nervous. Sounds silly, but I was, although I do think it was more excitement than anything else! I arrived at the centre just before 9am to sign in and hand in any sponsor money I had collected to date. The night before I had baked a batch of lemon meringue squares for the cake sale, so made sure these were put on the stall... this was the last time I saw them, they must have gone down well and sold out, because I never saw them again!

I began to queue outside the sports hall to select my bike. Once I was inside, the atmosphere was electric, everyone was eager to start riding and were taking photographs of each other and everyone preparing for the 4hours ahead! Soon enough, it was 10am and after a few words from the charities, we started our first ride! 

The minutes seemed to pass by so quickly and before we knew it we were starting our second, then our third ride. The first two, I found to be fairly easy going and was able to keep up with the routine, but I was definitely starting to feel it by the third round! I made sure I snacked on banana's, protein balls and drank plenty of water throughout. Before we knew it, 1pm had approached and we were about to start our last and final ride. Thankfully there was so much energy in the room and everyone gave 110%. 



At the end, everyone was buzzing and were congratulating each other on their efforts! It was an incredible day and one I won't forget for a long time! Unfortunately, I didn't win anything from the raffle, but I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who bought tickets from me and to those who very kindly sponsored me for taking part in this event. I cannot thank you enough, your support means the world to me!

Congratulations to the 230+ Spinners, who took part in the Big Spin 2016, you are all fantastic and achieved something amazing! Well done! Until next time...

Live, Laugh, Love,
Karen Eleanor xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment